Graduate School of Innovation & Technology Management
Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
UNIST-gil 50, Ulsan Metropolitan City, South Korea
Phone: (052) 217-3115
PRIMARY TEACHING/RESEARCH INTEREST
1. Innovation Management
2. Systems Analysis and Design
2. Database and Data Mining
Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration - CIS), 2005
Georgia State University. Atlanta, GA, USA.
Dissertation Title: Reuse of Scenario Specifications Using an Automated Relational Learner
Committee Members: Dr. William N. Robinson (Chair), Dr. Detmar Straub, Dr. Balasubramaniam Ramesh, Dr. Sandeep Purao, Dr. Peter Meso
Master of Science (Business Administration – OR/MIS), 1998
Seoul National University. Seoul, Korea
Advsior: Dr. Sangkyu Rho
Bachelor of Business Administration, 1996
Seoul National University. Seoul, Korea
2010 ~ Associate Professor, Graduate School of Innovation & Technology Management, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Ulsan, Korea
2009.2 ~ 2009.12 Senior Consultant, Consulting Service Department, Technovation Partners, Co. Ltd., Seoul, Korea
2004.8 ~ 2009.1 Assistant Professor, Business Administration Department, Le Moyne College, Syracuse, NY
- Undergraduate Courses: Dynamics of IT, Business Programming, Operations Research, Database Management, Technology Management
- Graduate Courses: Data Mining, Database Management
- Undergraduate Courses: Programming with Java, Database Management Systems, Introduction to Management Information Systems
- MBA Courses: Applied Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, Information Systems and Strategies
- Undergraduate Courses: Introduction to Computer-Based Information Systems, Systems Analysis, Internet Programming with Java
- Gang, K., Lee, C., and Woo, H. "The Transformation of Ownership Structure and Changes in Principal-Principal Conflicts: Evidence from Corporate Governance Reforms in South Korea," International Journal of Corporate Governance, 8(3-4), 281-301, 2017.
- Jang, H. J., Woo, H., and Lee, C. "Hawkes process-based technology impact analysis," Journal of Informetrics, 11(2), 511-529, 2017.
- Lee, C., Kim, J., Noh, M., Woo, H., and Gang, K. "Patterns of Technology Life Cycles: Stochastic Analysis Based on Patent Citations," Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 29(1), 53-67, 2017.
- Lee, K., Woo, H. and Joshi, K. "Pro-innovation Culture, Ambidexterity and New Product Development Performance: Polynomial Regression and Response Surface Analysis, " European Management Journal, 35(2), 249-260, 2017.
- Lee, C., Kim, J., Kwon., O. and Woo, H. "Stochastic Technology Life Cycle Analysis using Multiple Patent Indicators," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 106, 53-64, 2016.
- Lee, K., Woo, H., and Joshi, K. "The Role of Absorptive Capacity in Partnership Retention," Asian Journal of Technology Innovation, 20(2), 155-169, 2012.
- Robinson, W. and Woo, H. "Finding Reusable UML Sequence Diagrams Automatically," IEEE Software, 21(5), 60-67, 2004.
- Woo, H. and Kim, J. "The Moderating Role of Informational Diversity on Team Creativity, " The 2014 ISPIM Asia-Pacific Innovation Forum, Singapore, Dec 7-10, 2014
- Gang, K., Woo, H. and Kim, J. "The impact of standardization intensity on performance, " The 2014 ISPIM Asia-Pacific Innovation Forum, Singapore, Dec 7-10, 2014
- Gang, K., Woo, H. and Kim, J. "The Effect of Foreign Institutional Investors on R&D Investment," AIB 2014 Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, June 23-26, 2014
- Kim, J. and Woo, H* "Impacts of Employee Silence on Knowledge Inflows in R&D Organizational Units,"The 23rd International Management of Technology Annual Conference (IAMOT), Washington DC, May 22-26, 2014.
- Gang, K., Woo, H. and Lee, C. "The impacts of organizational slacks on Technological exploration and exploitation," The 23rd International Management of Technology Annual Conference (IAMOT), Washington DC, May 22-26, 2014.
- Lee, K., Woo, H., and Joshi, K. "Knowledge Integration and Ambidexterity as Mediators between Organizational Innovativeness and Performance: A Preliminary Empirical Investigation, " The 5th ISPIM Innovation Symposium, Seoul, Korea, Dec 2012. (Best Paper Runner-up)
- Lee, K., Woo, H., and Joshi, K., "Knowledge Integration and Ambidexterity as Mediators between Innovativeness and Performance," Annual Meeting of Academy of Management, Boston, US, Aug 2012.
- Woo H., and Song M. "A Structural Matching Approach to Manage Large Business Process Models," The 41st International Conference on Computers & Industrial Engineering, Los Angeles, US, Oct 2011.
- Woo, H. "Finding Reusable Business Process Models Based on Structural Matching," The Eleventh InternationalConference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS 2009), Milan, Italy, May 2009.
- Park, E. and Woo, H. "Reuse of Process Knowledge in Enterprise Systems Development," The 40th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2007), Big Island, HI, Jan 2007.
- Cao, L. and Woo, H. "An Ontological Approach to Support Domain Knowledge Learning in Information Systems Development," The 2004 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2004), New York, NY, Aug 2004.
- Beyah, G., Xu, P., Woo, H., Mohan, K. and Straub, D. "Development of an Instrument to Study the Use of Recommendation Systems" The 2003 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2003),Tampa, FL, Aug 2003. (Nominated for the Best Paper Award)
- Woo, H. and Robinson, W. "Reuse of Scenario Specifications Using an Automated Relational Learner: A Lightweight Approach," 10th IEEE Joint Conference on Requirements Engineering (RE 02),Essen, Germany, 2002.
- Woo, H. and Robinson, W. "A Light-Weight Approach to the Reuse of Use-Cases Specifications," The 5th Annual Conference of the Southern Association for Information Systems (SAIS), Savannah, GA, Mar 2002. (Best Paper Award)
- Liegle, J and Woo, H. "Developing Adaptive Intelligent Tutoring Systems: A General Framework and Its Implementations," Information Systems Education Conference (ISECON), Philadelphia, PA, 2000.
- Liegle, J. and Woo, H. "Lessons Learned From the Development of a Web-Based Intelligent Tutoring System using XML, JDBC, Java, and the Expert System Shell JESS," The 3rd Annual Conference of the Southern Association for Information Systems (SAIS), Atlanta, GA, Mar 2000.
- Rho, S. and Woo, H. "Meta Classes for Object-Oriented Web Applications Development," The 8th Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS 98),Helsinki, Finland, Dec 1998.